What Low-Pitch Roof Products Are Available?
There are a number of products on the market that are suitable for low-pitch roofs. Options available from Marley include clay and concrete tiles and cedar shingles and shakes.
Of course, the minimum pitch will depend on each type of roof tile - specifically on its design and materials. So we’ve provided an overview of the low-pitch roofing products that we offer:
Edgemere interlocking tiles provide a cost-effective and aesthetically similar alternative to natural slate. These large-format concrete roof tiles can be provided in a dark grey colour that mimics the look of slate perfectly, and the product’s thin leading edge also helps to give it a slate-like appearance. It’s also suitable for low-pitch roofs:
- Down to 22.5° pitch (smooth), with a headlap of 75mm
- Down to 17.5° pitch (smooth), with a headlap of 100mm
- Wessex - down to 15° pitch
- Mendip - down to 15° pitch
- Modern and Duo Modern (smooth) - down to 17.5° pitch
- Ludlow Major and Ludlow Plus (smooth) - down to 22.5° pitch
- Double Roman (smooth) - down to 22.5° pitch
- Ashmore - down to 22.5° pitch
Marley offers several types of clay tile that are suited to low-pitch roofing applications.
Lincoln Clay Pantiles have an open-gauge design that is easy to fit, while still offering the bold and beautiful curves of traditional pantiles. They can are installed to meet the latest fixing requirements of BS 5534 and the NHBC technical standards.
- Down to 17.5° pitch at a 120mm headlap
- Down to 22.5° pitch at a 75mm headlap
- Melodie clay single interlocking pantiles - these have a flexible gauge. They can be used at pitches as low as 12.5° with a headlap of 92mm, with rafter lengths up to 6m.
- Maxima Double Roman clay interlocking tiles - these are suitable for a minimum pitch of 17.5 degrees, with a minimum headlap of 75mm.
Cedar shingles and shakes
Our Blue Label Western Red Cedar shingles and shakes provide a unique and natural appearance. Their light weight makes them easy to transport, and they are also suitable for use on low-pitch roofs: